Saturday, September 28, 2013

Species by the Thousands: Little Magical Treasures of Williamsburg

For as long as I can remember I have always had such a soft spot for earthy, psychedelia inspired jewelry items, although I am not sure where this love for these magical pieces came from. You see, I grew up in NYC and never had a proper backyard or that many encounters with raw nature yet I still find myself so entranced and intrigued by pieces that draw inspiration directly from the natural world. Maybe I am subconsciously making up for the lack of Mother Nature I had growing up.

That said, I found a charming little shop in Williamsburg, not too far from my job, that I stumbled upon while window shopping for a friend's birthday present. I had seen passersby holding "Species by the Thousands" paper shopping bags around town and am almost certain I follow them on Instagram  but had never before bothered to visit their brick and mortar store. Let me tell you, it did not disappoint.


Although I was quite in a rush to catch the bus so I didn't have the time to properly browse and eventually purchase something, there were quite a few items that caught my eye:

Moon Phase Earrings $60.00

Inca Palo Santo Resin Incense $20.00

Soap Rocks $15.00

Sun Necklace $120.00 



Species by the Thousands
171 S. 4th St.
Williamsburg, Brooklyn 11211




No comments:

Post a Comment