Monday, February 24, 2014

Artist 'Catherine Rising' Knows What Dreams Are Made Of

Photo via Free People Blog
Have you ever seen "Uptown Girls" starring Brittany Murphy (RIP) and Dakota Fanning? If so, do you remember main character Molly Gunn's (played by Murphy) bedroom - rich hues, canopy bed, bohemian vibes, the list could go on. I grew up always wanting my bedroom to look like that - Molly Gunn's bedroom crossed with an interior of a road-tripping airstream, complete with antiques and treasures that were collected while out on the road. Throughout the years I have quenched this thirst a bit by thrifting decor at the local Goodwill (expect future stories on this) and grabbing some knick-knack hand-me-downs from my grandmother, but I am always on the lookout for some magical pieces. So it only made sense that when I came across Catherine Rising's handmade dreamcatchers via Free People I fell in love. 

Photo via One Kings Lane
Catherine Rising (aka Catherine Costanza) is a Brooklyn-based artist who uses materials such as wood, thread and vintage doilies to make custom dreamcatchers. Hung above your bed, grouped on an adjacent wall, placed in a window or even installed from the ceiling, these ethereal dreamcatchers can make any setting magical. If getting your dreamcatcher fix isn't enough (we want more, we want more!), Catherine also makes stitched zodiac pillows, hand painted mystical boxes, and wishing bottles! Check out more here: Catherine Rising. 

No comments:

Post a Comment