Friday, February 21, 2014

Music Alert: "Twin Forks"

     
     As I have mentioned in my previous posts, I have always been a huge HUGE fan of music. I spent my weekends going to shows in the city and when I wasn't at shows I was searching for shows to go to. Commuting around town, via bus, subway or sometimes the occasional car ride, was great fun for me because it meant I could keep my headphones in for a solid hour or so and just listen to the music.

    One of my favorite bands was (and still is) Dashboard Confessional, the band that gave us the emotional "Hands Down" and the powerful "Vindicated" (remember that one from Spiderman? I remember screaming this song on the top of my 16 year old lungs). Lead singer Chris Carrabba's voice was probably one of the most heard voices I listened to during my teenage angst/heartbreak years. So you can only imagine how excited I was to hear that Carrabba  has released some new music with his other band "Twin Forks" which also includes The Narrative's Suzie Zeldin, drummer Ben Homola, and vocalist/bassist Jonathan Clark. The album, which is self-titled, is like listening to the the stories of an old friend you haven't heard from in ages, telling you about their adventures and heartbreak from out on the road. Twin Forks' repetitious choruses and melodious bridges act as mantras to help you get through the day (i.e. "Plans"'s "I got plans for you, I got plans for you" and so forth) and the melodies are still somewhat reminiscent of Carrabba's DC days lullabies. The album, which you are able to stream now here via USA Today, will be available on iTunes February 25. Happy listening <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment